A VPN works by covering your IP address with an IP from any country of your choice, making you appear like you are browsing from that country and giving you unhindered access to content exclusive to that area of the globe. When you connect to a VPN server, you automatically take the IP address of a server in that area.
You’ll also get an added layer of security with minimal speed loss, of which a VPN Service like ExpressVPN takes care of all those technical glitch.
The English Premier League season starts in mid-August and ends in mid-May. The 2016/17 season kicked-off on Saturday, August 13, 2016, and will finish on Sunday, May 21, 2017.
Most matches kick off on Saturdays at 3pm UK time. But televised Premier League games sometimes vary from week to week, so be sure to check the latest fixtures, in order not to be taken unawares.
While matches are shown all over the world, here are just a few different options.
Watch Live Matches on Sky Sports (UK)
Sky Sports shows the most live games of any broadcaster in the Premier League’s home country of England. You can watch live online with a Sky subscription or NowTV pass. If you aren’t in the UK, you’ll also need a VPN.
Here’s how to watch live EPL games on Sky Sports with a VPN:
- Get ExpressVPN and install the app on your preferred device.
- Connect to any of 6 different UK ExpressVPN servers.
- Sign in at http://www.skysports.com/watch and start watching.
Stream with Optus Sports (Australia)
Optus Sports has broadcasting rights for the EPL down under. An Optus Sports subscription is required in order to stream, and you have the option of choosing either monthly or yearly subscriptions. Here’s how you can stream:
- Connect to an ExpressVPN server location in Australia.
- Go to https://sport.optus.com.au/epl and sign in.
- Start streaming!
Watch English Premier League on NBC (USA)
Want to know how Americans react to English football? Hey, who are we to judge? of live games and highlights.
Here’s how to watch NBC Sports with a VPN.
- Connect to a US ExpressVPN server. There are 20 to pick from!
- Go to http://stream.nbcsports.com/premier-league/ and sign in. (You’ll need a US cable account.)
- Sit back and enjoy!
Note: You can also stream Premier League matches with Sling TV (and a VPN, of course.)
Stream Matches with Sportsnet (Canada)
Sportsnet is also streaming 2016-17 EPL matches. You’ll need to purchase a Sportsnet account to stream, but packages also include MLB, NHL, and CFL options.
Here’s how you can stream:
- Connect to any ExpressVPN server location in Canada.
- Head to http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/premier-league/ and sign in. (You’ll need a subscription.)
- Start streaming!
So that’s how to watch the English Premier League in any country. Now is a great time to start. 2015/16 was a real rollercoaster season. 2016/17 is probably going to be more fun. Maybe the foxes will defend their title, with the new managers and players that have been signed to different football clubs in Europe.